Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 8 - Thinking (about sales and business)

Monday January 11th, 2010

The weekend provides an opportunity to escape from your work and focus on your home(work). One of the things I've noticed about myself though is that if I spend some time on the weekend thinking or reading about sales, I'm much more prepared on Monday morning. I didn't do that this weekend, so Monday was a little more scattered than I would have liked.

Another thing I'm going to do with this "year of sales" is go through at least one sales book per month and see if I can glean anything out of them (I'll put the Clif Notes version on the blog). I've read through a few, and I can honestly say I'm not a huge fan of sales books. They seem to be focused primarily on attitude and not a lot of substance or evidence about what works and what doesn't. I'm a big fan of proof of whatever it is you're trying to teach me, so just your story of how you made a bazillion dollars usually isn't enough to convince me.

That being said, even if the book is terrible, if it keeps me thinking about sales and gets me ready for the next morning, it's probably worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment