Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 4 - The Easy Meeting

Thursday January 7th, 2010

After my big victory yesterday getting a meeting I've been working on FOREVER, I scheduled a one cold call meeting today. It really throws me off guard when I get someone that's so receptive. It seems all of the strategies I've devised are for getting a meeting after I've spoken with someone on the phone, sent an email with some marketing material and then followed up with the meeting request.

On this call with, let's call him Steve (since that's his name, it's not really a stretch), I gave him the shpeel about what we do and what areas we serve. Steve said, that's great I'd love to hear more about it. What? You'd love to hear more about it? Nobody ever wants to hear more about it, even if they really need it and I know they're purchasing the trucking and warehousing services I'm offering on a regular basis. Usually I get, "Why don't you shoot over your contact info and if something comes up I can give you a call." What they're trying to say to me is, "I'm far too busy to deal with this right now." Even though they don't know it, what they're really saying to me is, "You're going to have to call back multiple times before I realize you're serious about wanting to sell me transportation services."

No games with Steve though. He's a freight forwarder who hires out trucking services and I'm a trucking company that provides them. Steve's my new best friend and he doesn't even know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment