Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3 - 7 Months in the Making

I had one of my favorite type of sales calls today! I've got a guy I've been trying to get a meeting with for 7 months. He's always been extremely cordial to me, making me feel like I wasn't being too annoying (one of my greatest fears), but just always told me he didn't have the time.

This highlights a big question I have about sales in general - what's the difference between persistence and pestering? There's a delicate balance between a convincing salesman and an annoying jackass (Aristotle said the key to happiness was balance and moderation, I never knew that would apply to salesmanship). Every person you call has a different threshold for salesman too, so you can't really have one set plan for everybody.

Next Wednesday's the big day. Now I just have to figure out what to say so it doesn't take another 7 months before I get the actual sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment